Monday, August 31, 2015

The Habit of Giving

One of my summer sewing traditions these last few years has been to participate in 100 Quilts for Kids. Hosted by Heather/Quilts in the Queue, 100 Quilts for Kids is an annual charity quilt drive that encourages quilters to make a quilt and donate it to a child in need. One thing I love about this effort is that you are encouraged to donate quilts in your own community. I've set a few aside through the year, with plans to deliver them to my local Project Linus chapter. Here's what I'm sharing this year.
 
This year, the campaign is running from August 1-September 30. There's a place to link up, and a chance for prizes, even. Glance at this post which shows quilts I've donated in past drives, many with links to fun and simple quilt patterns that could still be made in plenty of time. Plus this year, I used my Quarter-Cut Baby Quilt Top tutorial, which provides another quick option. Hope you consider joining us in the giving tradition. It's a good thing.

Linking up with 100 Quilts for Kids. Join us in using the hashtag #100quilts4kids on Instagram (though I see #100quiltsforkids being used too).

100 Quilts for Kids

4 comments:

  1. Debbie, that's great. No pressure or anything, but you are now, officially, my role model. Therefore, I shall try to emulate you and get a quilt done in time for this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make quilts for Quilts for Kids group~love your design idea, and i will probably use it at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your donations! I should really dive into my novelty bin and make a Quarter Cut. Fast way to get rid of some bigger prints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Deb! Beautiful quilts. Those babies and kiddos will feel so special. I'm once again in awe of your prolific quilting...and this is for a wonderful cause. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete