Monday, June 1, 2015

Fresh Sewing Day

May felt a little calmer than April, which was a relief, not to say this last month wasn't full enough. It started with a class with Krista Hennebury, and once I got home from it, I worked pretty steady to finish up Room Temp. I enjoyed the technique and the quilting so much, I've started another similar yet quite different project, which you might have seen on Instagram.

My other quilt this month was Askew, full of improv wonky crosses, a block I never seem to tire of.

I'm not sure why my Greek Key block tutorial didn't get mentioned last Fresh Sewing Day, so I'll include a link to it now.

And I've been busy with Bee Sewcial! The top two blocks are for my bee-mate, Marci, and the bottom two are sample blocks for 'my' month in June.


The few small projects I made were all gifted - a Big Patchwork Tote and a couple of scrappy qayg pouches.

There were also a couple of other bee blocks and the demise of my participation in the Patchwork City BOM. I'm still feeing a tad guilty about that, but considering I'm in the middle of a quilt I'm really excited about, I think it'll be ok. June's bound to be a little bleak, with a vacation planned and all, but we'll see. Until then . . .

Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day at Lily's Quilts.

6 comments:

  1. Oh MY where to begin!!!! REALLY love the top quilt!!!! and I have seen so many cross quilts of late...I'm starting to get the itch...LOL!!! thanks for sharing:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping by from Fresh Sewing Day Debbie, you have been busy, love your Greek Key and that aqua, blue and white C+S tote. Have a great week - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your improv pieces--very nice hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you love those wonky crosses!

    ReplyDelete