Saturday, May 7, 2011

Supernova

Well, my list of To Do's for today was WAY too long! There were plenty of chores to do, plus I really wanted to continue my quilting on my Supernova.  I balanced my two priorities by spending an hour or two on chores, running to the sewing room to quilt for an hour or so, back to the chore list, repeat . .  Thankfully I got the quilting done, binding made, and will soon be stitching that binding on. Speaking of binding, I had intended on using the black batik I used for the pieced strips, but I didn't have enough. My local fabric store didn't have a match, and I didn't want to hold up progress by mail-ordering more, so I decided on a lovely Hoffman fabric called Sea Grass. I'm really liking its 'stripey' look.
Meanwhile, here's a sneak peek of my Supernova being quilted . . . full reveal later this week!

4 comments:

  1. Love the seagrass, truly kelp like. Looking forward to the full pictures. Supernova is nagging me for some progress and I'm torn by other quilting but hoping for some new action soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking good! I like that beautiful fabric you chose for the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That binding fabric is cool, and honestly I think it goes with your Supernova perfectly!

    ReplyDelete